Darrara NS is a Health Promoting school accredited by the HSE.
The following main points are contained in the school’s Healthy Eating Policy.
- Parents should send a nutricious lunch to school.
- Fizzy drinks are not allowed.
- Crisps are not allowed.
- No buns, cakes or biscuits are allowed Mon – Thurs. This includes breakfast bars and nutella dippers.
- Homemade buns are permitted within reason.
- Friday is treat day – children are allowed to bring 1 (only) treat to school with them. Crisps are not allowed.